Friday, February 11, 2011

Pancakes for Dinner

I wanted to have pancakes for dinner last night, so I did. Now, I usually don't make pancakes because I fail miserably everytime. I can make waffles with my eyes closed but pancakes, not so much. Alas, I really wanted some I was going to try anyways. Guess what, I was successful! I think it had to do with an easy recipe, a hot griddle and a good flipper. The recipe I used was found online: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pancakes-i/Detail.aspx It was great; simple, quick and yummy. Here it is:

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • (I also added a tiny bit of vanilla)

Directions

  1. Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
  3. Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. (Optional, make them look like Mickey Mouse...)

No comments:

Post a Comment